More From Advanced Style

Header_1.13

Header_1.13

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Three Dance Legends at Lincoln Center's Midsummer Night Swing

Norma Miller and Carmen De Lavallade
Dawn Hampton, Carmen De Lavallade, and Norma Miller
Dawn Hampton
A few weeks ago some friends and I headed to Lincoln Center for the opening of this year's Midsummer Night Swing concert series. As soon as I arrived I ran into my gorgeous friends Lana Turner and Carmen De Lavallade. Carmen told me that she was there to meet one of her idols, 93-year-old Norma Miller, and asked if I wanted to come along. I jumped at the chance to meet Norma, one of the legends of the Swing era.

Backstage, Carmen ran into another incredible performer, Dawn Hampton.  I quickly pulled out my iPhone as the ladies, all three in their 80s and 90s, started to dance to the sounds of swing music resounding in the background. It was an honor to meet these remarkable  ladies and I will forever be inspired by their incredible energy and spirit.

Check out a small clip of Norma, Dawn, and Carmen HERE and watch "The Queen of Swing", 93-year old Norma Miller, dancing the night away at Lincoln Center HERE .

10 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Fabulous!!!

That's Not My Age said...

Oh my, they're all gorgeous! Off to watch the video.

Jitterbuggin said...

Now this is a blog post after my own heart! You were in the presence of dance (and fashion) legends!!!

Chic Trends said...

They're all so fabulous! Look at the brows on Dawn--she must be aware of how important they are.

Thanks so much for sharing, x http://chictrends.co.uk/

Sacramento Amate said...

Wonderfullllllllllll
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxx

Linda Wolf said...

Oh, Ari, these ladies are timeless and talented beauties! Thank you so much for the AWESOME video of Norma Miller! She totally OWNED that performance!!!

June said...

Oh what a heap of FUN. Love dance and the music is so wonderful. Thanks Ari and lotsa hugs to these gorgeous women.

evans clothing sale said...

Goodness, Ari, these women are timeless and gifted wonders! Much thanks to you such a great amount of for the AWESOME film of Norma Miller! She completely OWNED that exhibition!!!

Anonymous said...

Such radiant beauty. The photograph of Dawn is simply joyously infectious!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Thought Carmen looked familiar -- and sure enough, I confirmed on IMDB that she was in one of my favorite movies, Lone Star. Happy to see she's just as fab 17 years later!

BlogCatalog

fashion Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Included in AnOther
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...