More From Advanced Style

Header_1.13

Header_1.13

Monday, October 29, 2012

Museum Visitors Have Advanced Style

Richard Cramer and his stylish admirers
Carol Markel's vintage gloves and hot pink nails
Debra Rapoport and Carol Markel comparing polish colors

Last week Carol, Richard, Debra, Maryann, and I headed to MAD to check out the Doris Duke Shangri La exhibit. One of the great benefits of having such creative friends, is that they keep me abreast of all the cultural happenings around town. I like to  frequent the many museums around New York City not only to see the latest exhibitions, but to admire the crowds of stylish folks coming in and out of the entrance doors.

When I first started Advanced Style I was working full time at the New Museum bookstore. While working on this post I noticed that each person in the photos above, is someone that I met while working at bookstore counter. My boss, Daniel,  was kind enough to let me sneak away from the register from time to time, to photograph the stylish visitors I kept spying from my desk. So much has happened over the last three years and many of the people I have photographed have become great friends. I found the first photos that I ever took of Carol, Maryann, and Debra below!!!! Check them out and let me know what you think.

14 comments:

Me salen alas said...

Guauu!! These photos are very... amazing and inspiring!!Love Sr with colours in his shirt (Sorry bau my englis is puaggg!! but love your site... ;D) Have a nice week ;D!!

carla fox said...

What I think is that I need to move to NYC.....these are my kind of peeps. Stay safe in that super storm!

Forest City Fashionista said...

Time flies when you are doing what you love, doesn't it? It's so great that people that you photographed three years ago because your eye was caught by their style are now your friends (and Debra looks younger now than she does in that first photo of her).

Idiosyncratic Fashionistas said...

What an absolutely gorgeous group of creative, active, vibrant individuals who support each other -- and the Arts -- with an incredibly positive vibe! They are firing on all 8 cylinders -- "Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines."
Jean & Valerie, The IFs

Jennifer said...

The photos show you had an auspicious start with Advanced Style! I especially love the shot of Carol; I admire her personal style a lot.

Jualferx said...

Tu has evolucionado y ellos también. Que bonitas y elegantes amistades tienes ahora. Saludos desde www.jualferx.blogspot.com

Queen Bee of Beverly Hills said...

The photos are amazing! These ladies have style, no doubt! By the way, I love all of their handbags!

Bella Q said...

What a journey you've been on. Thank you for sharing it with us! I love the fact that these folks are now you're friends. They feel like they are our friends too!

The Style Crone said...

Great post! I love the history that you describe and the lasting friendships that have grown over the years. The photo of hands is a stunner!

Be safe!

K said...

Where did she get those gloves?? I love them!

C.M. Mayo said...

Love the coat! Love the pumps! Love the hair!

Pattyskypants said...

Hoping all the Advanced Style folks are dry and safe! Looking forward to hearing you are all well. xxoo

Fine Bessot said...

J'aime beaucoup l'humour et le décalage des femmes américaines d'un certain âge, cette élégance innée, qui donne l'éternelle jeunesse.
J'ai acheté votre livre et je me régale.
Amitiés de Fine.

I like very much the humor and the gap of the American women of certain age, this innate elegance, which gives eternal youth.
I bought your book and I feast.
Friendships of Fine.

Gerry Weber said...

I absolutely love these outfits!

Best wishes, Alex

BlogCatalog

fashion Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Included in AnOther
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...